Factual Fruity Friday
- Blueberries are low in fat with one cup serving only 80 calories.
- They are full of dietary fibre which helps keep the body regular, heart-healthy, and cholesterol in check.
- They are packed with Vitamin C with one serving containing 25% of your daily allowance.
- They are high in manganese which plays an important role in bone development and helps the body process cholesterol and nutrients such as carbohydrates and protein.
- Blueberries are also reported to improve your night vision, helpful if you want to work for the CIA or fly the stealth bomber.
Blueberry & Lemon Smoothie Heaven
Makes 2 glasses. Takes 5 minutes
1 cup frozen/fresh blueberries 1 frozen banana, chopped before freezing ¾ cup fresh almond milk ¼ cup ice 1 tbsp raw honey / maple syrup 1 tbsp organic coconut oil 1 tsp Madagascan vanilla extract 2 drops doTERRA lemon oil / 1 tsp grated lemon zest Pinch Himalayan pink salt Sprinkle with granola / hemp seeds / toasted coconut / goji berries Blend all ingredients until smooth. Sprinkle with love. Slurp. Turn off the lights and walk upstairs in the dark.